Friday 2 June 2017

Yes, really: Paris Hilton is releasing her 23rd fragrance

As learned at Cannes's amfAR Gala.

Thursday’s star-studded amfAR Gala was the hottest ticket in Cannes with Hollywood A-listers,
Victoria's Secret supermodels, Hadids, Jenners and pop stars all coming together in the name of a good cause. The annual Cannes Film Festival charity fundraiser, which raises money for AIDS research, was held at the storied Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc, in Antibes.

“I’m just happy to be here and offer my service,” said event co-chair Nicole Kidman, who later in the weekend took home the festival's special 70th anniversary prize, which jury member Will Smith accepted on her behalf. Cannes jury member Jessica Chastain echoed her statements, telling Vogue, “I’m very happy to be here, I’m very happy to support research to stop the epidemic.”

Fashionably late Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan also stopped by the glitzy affair, arriving on the carpet only minutes apart. Gala vet Hilton, who cozied up with boyfriend Chris Zylka, said she was especially excited for this year’s auction — the proceeds of which benefit the New York-based AIDS non-profit.

 “I heard there’s a lot of beautiful art and I’m starting my art collection and I’m hoping to find something that I really love for my house,” said the prolific party personality, who is currently busy working on her second album and readying to release her 23rd (yes, 23rd) fragrance.

Meanwhile Lohan stuck to the evening's old Hollywood theme, with classic red lips, old Hollywood waves and an elegant black and white gown. The former Cannes fixture was having a markedly different festival than she enjoyed as one of young Hollywood's most fun-loving starlets.

“I’ve been home. I don’t go out at night. I’ve been kind of hiding out and being relaxed,” she said. While she didn’t reveal whether she would be participating in the event's auction, she said, “This event is based on money. But if the money’s going to the right places, then that’s the most important thing. I think it’s about seeing old friends, discussing real [issues] and what we can do in the future, especially women’s rights in Riyadh, which I’m doing a film there in October and that’s really why I’m here.”

Once inside, Nicki Minaj treated the star-studded crowd to a surprise performance. Rita Ora also took the stage, performing her new single Your Song, which was released at midnight.

 She admitted she was a little nervous ahead of the show. “I love this festival, this is my second time at this festival, but this is my first time performing my new single. I’m super excited but kinda nervous, I’ve never performed it before. I hope this crowd likes it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment